Register A Free .NP Domain Name in Nepal
So the other day, I was working on a web development project that required a .NP domain. Mercantile Communications Pvt. Ltd. provides a .np NPccTLD (country code Top Level Domain) to all the Nepali citizens or organizations for free.
The process is quite easy but, it could seem overwhelming for tech newbies. Now let’s get into it, shall we?
- Scanned Copy of Citizenship or Passport/Scanned Copy of Registration Document of the Company/Organization,
- Cover letter (If an organization/company, a cover letter written in the letter-head pad with the official stamp is required.)
- Any additional document that you think will be necessary to prove the registration of your company or organization. (For example, the PAN registration document.) (Optional)
(Note: Please note that the PAN registration document that I mentioned is just an example and not a requirement.)
- First and foremost, you’d need to collect all the required documents mentioned above.
- Next sign up to the website https://register.com.np. Note that you’ll need to verify your email address.
- Once logged in, check the availability of the domain name that you are interested in. Please remember that you’ll only be able to get the domain name that you want if that hasn’t already been registered by someone else. If the domain name is available, hit the “Register Now” button.
- Now you should fill out the domain registration form. Don’t freak out when you see the Name Server field, you can give any random name server for now and change it later when you have your hosting provider chosen. Although I’d recommend you to sign up to Cloudflare and use their nameservers. Once done filling out the form, save and continue.
- Now you should attach the scanned copy of your legal documents and then accept the terms and conditions to request your domain name.
That’s basically it! Wait for your domain registration request to be accepted and then rock and roll. It usually takes around 24 hours for your application to be accepted but it might take more if there are many pending applications.
Application Letter Sample.
Mercantile Communications, Durbarmarga, Kathmandu, Nepal
I have successfully followed and completed all the steps for the domain registration. As per the guideline, I am sending in this application letter for confirmation. I have also attached a scanned copy of both the sides of my citizenship. Hope my domain will be registered soon.
Domain: Your domain address
Name: Email:Address: Contact number:
This application letter sample has been copied from The Lacuna Blog.